Dear Pupils, Parents, Staff, and Governors,
The Winter Gala is nearly here and I hope many of you will be joining us on Saturday evening for what promises to be a very special night. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the parents who have worked so hard in preparation for the evening. I am always amazed at the creativity, enthusiasm and energy displayed by the parental body and how well you work together for the good of the school. I hope everybody has a fantastic evening.
Please remember the Christmas Bazaar on Friday 8th December. If you would like to book a table, please contact Tessa Gorman at email@example.com
Crafts, homemade food and gifts, wreaths and unique luxury gifts will be on sale, all made by local crafts people. Please come and support in the school hall between 3-7pm.
Thank you to all parents who completed the Parent Survey. We were very pleased with the results….
- 98% either strongly agree or agree that their child is happy at STJ
- 97% either strongly agree or agree that their child feels safe at school
- 95% strongly agree or agree that their child makes good progress at school
- 95% strongly agree or agree that their child is well looked after at school.
- 98% strongly agree or agree that St. Joseph’s makes sure its pupils are well behaved.
- 98% strongly agree or agree that the school is well led and managed.
- 96% strongly agree or agree that their child is taught well at St. Joseph’s
- 96% either strongly agree or agree that everybody in the school community is treated fairly, regardless of their colour or background.
- 96% either strongly agree or agree that their child receives appropriate homework for their age
- 71% either strongly agree or agree that the school deals effectively with bullying(28% don’t know)
- 91% either strongly agree or agree if the school responds well to any concerns raised (9% don’t know)
- 95% strongly agree or agree that they receive valuable information about their child’s progress
- 87% strongly agree or agree that their child benefits from a range of after school activities
- 97% of parents would recommend St Joseph’s to another parent.
At St Joseph’s we are always looking at ways of improving. As of next week we are reintroducing our class tweets. We will be sending you your class Twitter details – please make sure you follow for daily tweets.
Along with the newsletter, class blogs, regular parent mails, the website, telephone calls, open afternoons, questionnaires, Parent-teacher consultations, assemblies and parent partnership meetings we would like to know if there are any other ways that you think we could improve our communication. Please let me know.
Please remember that we are a nut free school and therefore, even if your child does not have a nut allergy, they cannot bring nutty snacks into school as this can be dangerous for children who do have an allergy.
May God bless you and family and keep you safe.
Mrs K Husain
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Members of Y6 carol singing at Clifton Nurseries 6pm (singing starts 6:30pm)
KS2 Mass @ Our Lady’s 10am (Advent begins)
KS1 Advent Service 9am school hall
KS2 Christmas Carol Service @ Our Lady’s church 2pm
EYFS Christmas production 9:30 school hall
KS1 (pink) Christmas production 2:30pm school hall
School Christmas Dinner (packed lunch welcome to purchase meal)
KS1 (pink) Christmas production 6pm school hall
Term ends 1:30pm
Rec B1 - Mylo
Rec B2 - Lily
Pink 1 - Layla
Pink 2 - Amanda
Pink 3 - Adrian
Blue 1 - Frankie
Blue 2 - Isaure
Blue 3 - Gabriel
Violet 1 - Mateusz
Violet 2 - Rafi
Writer of the Week
Rec B1 - Shamar
Rec B2 - Paz
Pink 1 - Frankie
Pink 2 - Nicholas
Pink 3 - Nancy
Blue 1 - Kito
Blue 2 - Aaron
Blue 3 - Mila
Violet 1 - Cicely
Violet 2 - Tommy